Unique metal lift-off system with DMSO and Megasonic
Patented Lift-Off Process
This single wafer wet process system offers a patented lift-off process for unique process performance. Within a few seconds, the metal layer is completely lifted off without affecting the substrate or structures.
- Unique process performance without affecting substrate and structures
- Use of DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide), a non-critical EH&S substance (EU & US)
- Complete lifting of the metal layer within < 30 seconds
- Cost-efficient process: recovery of process chemicals and precious metals
- Optimized process time with positive impact on overall throughput
- A plant demonstration in the AP&S DemoCenter is available.
- The AP&S metal lift-off solution is available for all types of metal layers, alloys and other protective coatings used in the semiconductor industry, such as Au, Ag, AlCu, etc.
- Metal lift-off, PR-stripping
Wafers, MEMS, optoelectronics, photomasks, up to 9″ and square substrates
- Wafer material
Si, SiC, GaN, GaAs, sapphire, glass
- Wafer sizes
up to 12″
- High safety for workers, environment and plant
- MegaSonic agitation with field-proven MegaSonic system
- Effective rinsing through optional high-pressure DIW
- Rinsing with solvent (e.g. IPA) is available
- Easy configuration and flexible upgrading due to modular design
- Optimized plant footprint, easy feed